Date March 28th, 2015
Time 10h -17h
Location American University of Beyrouth
Category Conferences & Seminars
Organizer SMEC – Science and Mathematics Education Center
The SMEC conference is an annual event designed to promote the continued development of a professional community of mathematics and science educators across Lebanon and throughout the region. Specifically, the conference aims to:
- Provide an intellectual and professional forum for teachers.
- Provide a forum for teachers, educators and researchers to share their findings with science and mathematics teachers.
- Provide an opportunity for science and mathematics teachers to interact with high caliber science and mathematics education professionals from abroad.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of a professional culture of science and mathematics teaching at the school level in Lebanon and in the region.
- Raise awareness of science and mathematics teachers about the array of curriculum and supplemental classroom materials available to them through publishers and local distributor.
LAL’s team, Nayla Zreik Fahed & Nagi Ghorra, introduced the Tabshoura multilingual e-learning platform (Science and Mathematics, All Levels), and conducted a small workshop.
Improving Delivery of Emergency Education to Syrian Refugee Children in the Middle East through Teacher Training.